• Random photos cluttering my desktop • Some seen elsewhere but never on this blog . . until now! • Some worthy of the Hall of Shameless Posing, some not Some will say I have a big head. Hell, I will say that. At least if we're talking in terms of physical size. I thought … Continue reading Insta(matic)gram
• Like caption contests? So did ABC PR in the Eighties • Marketing Mark with Mild Snark • Try this at home! In every newsroom I ran, I would post random news photos or headlines of an odd nature and invite my fellow radio colleagues to contribute funny captions. So I was pleased and surprised … Continue reading Thanks, Caption Obvious
• Fresh new evidence shows the Billy Joel trip was no Russia hoax. • Good Morning America introduces a new – and “special” – correspondent • Some really awful music, through some really awful transmissions When I wrote about The Piano, Man, in Russia last year, the blog post was mostly words and photos; just … Continue reading Back in the USSR
• 32 years ago, news conferences were different. Or not • You can tell it’s 1987 by the big hair • Alert: This is a thumb-sucker. A think-piece. Deep, very deep In 1987, an executive producer at CNN was frequently calling in ABC Radio News’ Reporter-on-the-Road (me) to hold forth on TV about such matters … Continue reading Deconstructing the News Conference
There WAS collusion in Russia. Plus Billy Joel concerts. And vodka. Lots of vodka.
• The move from radio to radio with pictures • I’m a Good Morning America music correspondent, alongside Joan Lunden and Charlie Gibson. • “Never pass up an opportunity to have sex or be on television” - Gore Vidal When I returned from Moscow in 1987 after successfully completing my first two TV pieces on … Continue reading TV, GMA, Bee Gees, Mellencamp, Joel, Hall & Oates